For our office in Vlissingen or Brussels we are looking for an ambitious Senior Software Engineer for our PHP projects.
Technical working environment Ibuildings
We use PHP and the Symfony framework or Laravel for the robust backend. And frameworks like React, Vue and React Native for front-ends, PWA’s and mobile apps. For content management environments we use Drupal 9 and JAMStack solutions.
We apply modern software development practices such as SOLID principles, OTAP streets with Vagrant, Docker and Continuous Integration and Deployment, and architectures such as microservices and hexagonal architecture.
- You’re a Software Engineer who likes to evolve.
- You are familiar with methods such as TDD, BDD and DDD, in order to be able to use them where necessary.
- You are familiar with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment.
- You are looking for nice colleagues around you; the people make the work and being able to work well together is at least as important as the work itself!
Do you recognize yourself in the above? Are you enthusiastic about the challenges involved in working with demanding and dynamic clients such as Strukton, RTL Nieuws, SURFnet, TCE and Volkers? And do you believe in an agile approach, in which you work together with the client? Then let’s get acquainted!
What do we offer?
- A permanent contract.
- Internal trainings and workshops, given by our own researchers.
- Every year, together with your colleagues to several (PHP) conferences such as our conference Dutch PHP Conference, PHPBenelux or DDD Europe.
- A workstation tailored to your needs: a laptop (Mac, Linux or Windows), keyboard and mouse of your choice, noise cancelling headphones and a sit/stand desk.
- An environment where open source is important; contributions are stimulated and we also contribute with the necessary libraries.
- Possibility to work from home on Mondays and Fridays.
- Every day a fresh lunch at the office in our cosy canteen. Or a home working allowance.
- Good secondary conditions such as 100% paid pension.
- And of course the necessary holidays and a good salary, fulltime between € 3250 and € 5000 per month based on experience level.
What do we expect from you?
First of all, a colleague who is eager to learn and enthusiastic:
- Has at least 5 years of experience in PHP and wants to broaden and/or deepen his technical skills, but above all wants to become a better software engineer.
- Knowledge of the Dutch and English languages.
- Works and thinks at HBO(+)/Bachelor level.
And that, just like us, with passion for technology, you like to make every project a success for the customer!
The process runs in short as follows:
- We always plan a first meeting as soon as possible. Then we can look from both sides to see if there is a click.
- If the first conversation was pleasant for both of them, a small coding challenge will be sent to you. This will serve as input for the second interview where we will go into more depth.
- After this conversation we will let you know as soon as possible if we can make you an offer, preferably within a day.
Our offer is directly a permanent contract.
Working at Ibuildings during the COVID-19 pandemic
We believe in trust and freedom. This is how we achieve the best results with the happiest employees!
We work hybrid and are flexible. We usually come to the office three times a week so we know all the ins and outs of current projects and each other. We keep in touch a lot through online social meetings, we use slack and work with the best cloud tools.
We facilitate all necessary hardware & tools to work from the place of your choice. Whether it’s that nice coffee bar around the corner, at home in a soundproof room or at one of our offices. Do what makes you the best! So we can easily - if necessary - work more from home.
We are building the digital future, today.