For our Vlissingen office, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who can maintain and build our cloud infrastructure into a robust and scalable platform for the software we develop.
Work Environment at Ibuildings
Our teams work together in a DevOps working atmosphere. We work with Gitlab, AWS and develop primarily in PHP and TypeScript. Using our Gitlab CI/CD pipelines we deploy our software to AWS. We have high demands on the quality of both our software and our cloud platform.
Everything must be able to be set up automatically from code. In addition, maintaining a recovery strategy and monitoring is an important part to ensure the best environment.
You have experience with:
- Developing software in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- PHP and TypeScript.
- Sysops and Linux server administration.
- Docker and Kubernetes, Clustering MySQL/Elasticsearch.
- Container based (web) applications.
- Hosting of (web) applications.
- Relevant AWS services like EKS, EC2 and serverless computing.
This is something you can relate to:
- You value maintainability, scalability, availability and security.
- You are driven and eager to learn; a little cocky, but you also know how to listen to others.
- You are looking for nice colleagues around you; people make the work and being able to work well together is at least as important as the work itself!
Do you recognize yourself in the above? Do you get excited by the challenges that come with working with demanding and dynamic customers? And do you believe in an agile approach, where you work together with the customer? Then let’s get to know you!
What do we offer?
- A permanent contract.
- Training opportunities to broaden or deepen yourself.
- Internal workshops and conference visits.
- A team with enthusiastic colleagues.
- A workplace equipped for you: a laptop (Mac, Linux or Windows), keyboard and mouse of your choice, noise cancelling headphones and a sit/stand desk.
- An environment where open source is important; contributions are encouraged and we also contribute with the necessary libraries.
- Possibility to work from home on Mondays and Fridays.
- Every day a fresh lunch at the office in our cosy canteen. Or a home working allowance.
- Good benefits such as 100% paid pension.
- And of course the necessary holidays and a good salary, fulltime between € 3250 and € 5000 per month based on experience level.
What do we expect from you?
First and foremost, a colleague who is eager to learn and enthusiastic, but who also
- likes to work together in a team
- is pro-active and problem solving
- is fluent in Dutch and English
- thinks and works at least at HBO level
- just like us, with a passion for technology, likes to make every project a success for the client!
In brief, the process runs as follows:
- We always schedule an initial interview as soon as possible. Then we can see from both sides if there is a click.
- If the first meeting went well for both of you, you will receive a small coding challenge. This serves as input for the second meeting where we go more in depth.
- After this interview we let you know as soon as possible whether we make you an offer, preferably within a day.
Our offer is a permanent contract immediately.