Wanted: Ambitious HBO computer science interns
We always have room for driven and ambitious trainees. Assignments are determined in consultation so that they meet the training requirements, your personal ambitions and, of course, the objectives of Ibuildings.
Examples of internship assignments
- Develop components for conference websites that we can use ourselves for our Dutch PHP Conference but which are also suitable as Open Source contributions.
- Developing innovative features for one of our internal (open source) projects.
- Deployment of Natural language processing, PWA front-end development, creating links with other open source projects.
- Contributing to open source projects in the ecosystem we use with a specific scope.
- Investigate how legacy systems can be migrated to a Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- You study HBO Informatics (or similar).
- You can work independently as well as in a team.
- You would like to learn more from the people around you.
- You are curious and don’t let obstacles knock you out of the field.
- You fit the profile of our core values: Quality, Skilled, Fun, Honest and Practical.
What do we offer?
- An internship where you can learn a lot. Not only in the field of code, but also in the field of processes, expectation management and responsibility. With us, internship coaching means coaching and not guidance. In other words, we don’t see you as an intern, but as a full team member.
- A challenging graduation project that we define together.
Location for this internship is Vlissingen.
Working at Ibuildings during the COVID-19 pandemic
At Ibuildings we work partly from home and partly at the office during this stage of the COVID-19 pandemic. We facilitate the tools and supplies to be able to work remotely and provide a good homework allowance for the most important expenses.
The application and onboarding process also looks a bit different than usual during this period. This means that we conduct job interviews online. And we have already gained quite some experience in online onboarding of our new employees. A warm welcome from a distance at Ibuildings!
Now that the lunch at the office and the in-person social team meetings are not happening, we keep in frequent contact via Slack or Google Meet and we have the best online social team meetings.