For our office in Vlissingen we are looking for an experienced React developer who can work on challenging projects for Volkers, ZLM Verzekeringen, SURFnet, Strukton Rail and RTL Nieuws.
Working environment at Ibuildings
We use PHP and the Symfony framework for the robust backend, and frameworks such as React, Vue and React Native for PWA’s and mobile apps. For content management environments we use Drupal 9 or JAMStack solutions.
We apply modern software development practices such as SOLID principles, OTAP streets with Vagrant, Docker and Continuous Integration and Deployment, and architectures such as microservices and hexagonal architecture.
- You have experience developing single-page web applications in React in combination with Redux.
- Preferably you also have experience with TypeScript, RXJS and technologies such as GraphQL.
- Knowledge of PHP, Node.js, and React Native are a great advantage.
- You find maintainability, scalability, security and overall code quality important.
- You are driven and eager to learn; a bit stubborn, but you also know how to listen to others.
- You are looking for nice colleagues around you; the people make the work and the ability to work well together is at least as important as the work itself!
Do you recognize yourself in the above? Are you excited about the challenges that come with working with demanding and dynamic customers? And do you believe in an agile approach, where you work together with the customer? Then let’s get acquainted!
What do we offer?
- A permanent contract.
- Training opportunities to broaden or deepen yourself.
- Internal workshops and conference visits.
- A team of enthusiastic colleagues.
- A workplace set up for you: a laptop (Mac, Linux or Windows), keyboard and mouse of your choice, noise cancelling headphones and a sit/stand desk.
- An environment where open source is important; contributions are stimulated and we also contribute with the necessary libraries.
- Possibility to work from home on Mondays and Fridays. (At the moment, due to the COVID-19 measures, we work entirely from home)
- Every day a fresh lunch at the office in our cosy canteen. During the COVID-19 measures, unfortunately no lunch at the office, but we offer a home working allowance.
- Good secondary conditions such as a 100% paid pension.
- And of course the necessary holidays and a good salary, fulltime between 3250 euro and 5000 euro per month based on experience level.
What do we expect from you?
First of all, a colleague who is eager to learn and enthusiastic:
- likes to work together in a team
- proactive and problem-solving
- is proficient in Dutch and English
- thinks and works at least at HBO level
- Just like us, with a passion for technology, we like to make every project a success for the customer!
The process roughly goes as follows:
- We always plan a first meeting as soon as possible. Then we can look from both sides to see if there is a click.
- If the first conversation was pleasant for both of them, a small coding challenge will be sent to you. This will serve as input for the second interview where we will go into more depth.
- After this conversation we will let you know as soon as possible if we can make you an offer, preferably within a day.
Our offer is directly a permanent contract.
Working at Ibuildings during the COVID-19 pandemic
At Ibuildings we work partly from home and partly at the office during this stage of the COVID-19 pandemic. We facilitate the tools and supplies to be able to work remotely and provide a good homework allowance for the most important expenses.
The application and onboarding process also looks a bit different than usual during this period. This means that we conduct job interviews online. And we have already gained quite some experience in online onboarding of our new employees. A warm welcome from a distance at Ibuildings!
Now that the lunch at the office and the in-person social team meetings are not happening, we keep in frequent contact via Slack or Google Meet and we have the best online social team meetings.